Saturday, 8 November 2014

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness...

Well, it's been three weeks since I blogged. A few things have happened.



Frankenstein quote by NoodleBookArt from Scotland on Etsy

This is, appropriately, a quotation from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I saw the NT Live Encore of the play with Jonny Lee Miller and Benedict Cumberbatch on Thursday evening. The evening didn't start well (we ate out and didn't enjoy it) but as soon as the play got going I was transported into the story and Jonny Lee Miller's stunning performance. It throws up lots of moral and ethical questions as I'm sure you know, and it has been called the first science fiction novel to be published. I'm really enjoying seeing the NT Live productions and have seen Skylight with Bill Nighy and A streetcar Named Desire with Gillian Anderson. They have all completely blown me away and left me wanting more London theatre.

I watched 'Bright Star' this morning which is a film about the poet Keats and his lover. She was an avid fashion designer and seamstress so there was much to love about that!

About ten days ago I had my application to the 'Womentoring' project accepted. I spent quite a few hours on my submission and am so delighted and overjoyed that I found the confidence to even apply. I am now being mentored for a short while by a professional female writer for free so that's delightful news.

In other nice news - local gift shop and art gallery 'Ginger Fig' have asked me to help them create a window in the shop on the theme of 'Wish you were here'. So I have been looking into patterns for that.



I am still avidly reading as I have found my concentration has improved considerably since taking my medication. All I want to do sometimes is just read. It's probably because I attempted a couple of complicated (for me) lace knitted shawls which do require me not to be tired which means they rarely get knitted at the moment. As a result I am crocheting more and hope to show you some finished projects soon. I have just got into reading 'Attic 24' believe it or not. I always meant to start reading her blog but read too many blogs. I have recently had a clear out and she is on my new list! Yay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...