Sunday, 23 November 2014

Book Review: Crochet Your Christmas Baubles

I was delighted to be asked to partake in another blog hop for Stitch Craft Create. Their new book 'Crochet your Christmas Baubles: 25 Christmas decorations to make' is such a cute easy-to-make gem.



Of course now is the time you should be digging around in your stash for red, white and brown acrylic or cotton to crochet with for Christmas and this book is your perfect companion. If you're anything like me you'll relish the chance to have some handmade decorations on your tree with a bit of character for a break from all those mass produced stars and glittery balls.



I had a go at making the mushroom myself from the ebook I was sent to review and this is the result! I haven't made up many small dolls or figures in the last year so I was a bit out of practice and just finished him this morning but I am quite chuffed with him. The pattern was awesome to follow and I didn't have any problems understanding it - I just lacked patience which of course increases the more you make up.



The pictures were very clear and the patterns are great. It's so simple to make the baubles. If you are stuck for time this is great for you.



The basic crochet stitches are outlined at the back of the book for you to learn if you don't have any experience of crochet.



The ebook is available to download at the Stitch Craft Create website.

You can also check out their Craft eBooks and Downloads page and their Handmade Christmas page.

You can see the other blogs participating in the blog hop.

Share a picture of your own handmade Christmas decoration with the lovely people at Stitch Craft Create and you could win £100! Just add your photo to their share board or use the hashtag #SCCXmas on Twitter or Instagram.

Thanks to Rosie and the team at Stitch Craft Create for sending me this lovely ebook and inspiring me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...