Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Wollmeise, socks and a doll

I haven't blogged for two weeks partly due to wanting to rest a RSI issue I've had with my right shoulder which resulted in a visit to the GP and then the physiotherapist. She's given me some exercises to do which are enormously pleasurable and relieve a great deal of tension. So as I am off work this week (on proper leave not sick!) I thought I would slowly do some crafting and blogging while making sure to stretch!



I picked up the latest issue of Simply Crochet and wanted to crochet almost everything in the magazine. This hasn't happened for quite some time and I have slowed down considerably on buying magazines. It's probably something to do with not wanting to knit an entire jumper and sometimes the accessory patterns in knitting magazines don't grab me. On the same day I picked up some sock yarn (Regia 4 ply which you can find here - although I can't seem to find the shade I used 07707). I started the crocheted sock in the magazine and so far it is working well. I've never crocheted a sock before and found it really easy. I love the colour - I found the shade in my local sewing and fabric shop.



This is my doll so far from the 'My Crochet Doll' book which I reviewed a few weeks ago. I think she's pretty awesome. Even without hair or a nose. Since this photo was taken a couple of days ago I've crocheted a scalp for her.



And finally this is the Naiada pattern knitted with Wollmeise. It's so amazing to knit with. Unfortunately every time I take a picture of it my camera makes it look a different colour but it's the Merlot colourway so you can look for yourself on the Wollmeise website if you are interested. Although it kind of looks different again on their website (NB Merlot is currently unavailable).



I've really enjoyed the simplicity of the pattern so far. It's very cleverly done and you only need to remember a three stitch sequence which is repeated over and over on right sides and then purl the wrong side. Quite simple, as long as you remember to look up each row! Of course this will need blocking and after this I will have two shawls to block. I have my eye on a blocking kit from Loop but I will think about that again in a few weeks perhaps.

For now I'm loving all my projects!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...