Saturday, 4 January 2014

Christmas Holiday Crafting

I was rather too busy before Christmas to pop in and wish all my readers Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, so I am hoping that you all had a lovely break and were able to take time out to watch TV, get merry and munch a few chocs. I know I certainly did.

I also had lots of time to dream, meditate, escape, read, think and imagine while not worrying excessively about jobhunting or money, an experience I've not had at Christmas for quite a few years. It really was deeply pleasurable.



Before Christmas I got a bit carried away with shopping and treating myself, especially when I realised I was going to be safe in a job for a while. I joined the 'Into the Whirled' yarn club and received the rather beautiful hank of sock yarn above. I think I saw on Ravelry that the inspiration came from a Doctor Who picture, but I may have got mixed up as I was out of sync due to being an international customer!

Anyway, to cut a long story short I came out again as I got charged customs tax which almost came to the same amount as the monthly fee so I decided it very sadly wasn't going to work out due to me being international. But awesome yarn. Lovely. Very efficient communication too. If you live in the US they are highly recommended. If you don't mind slow post and possible customs tax and you are in the UK go for it too.



Another treat - two rather lovely tunics from White Stuff which I bought in the sale after getting up at 7.30am on Boxing Day. Competition was fierce in the shop. I felt several eyes follow me round the shop as I have to pick up two sizes for everything. I think a few women wanted to beat me severely during this shopping trip, but I did well under stressful conditions I feel.



Apologies for the quality of this picture - I'm mostly knitting in the evening now and have mostly been out when it has been sunny. This is my Buttermere shawl/scarf which I'm knitting with Eden Cottage Yarns. It has looked a bit scraggy at the start but it is looking a lot better. I had a doubtful beginning as I wasn't sure which size of needle produced the best tension but ended up using the size in the pattern. It's very addictive as it is good TV knitting as apart from about four stitches it's just stocking stitch. Although not for Sherlock, as this requires all your attention and concentration, and besides I'd definitely end up dropping stitches through sheer excitement.

Happy Knitting and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...