Thursday, 24 October 2013

150 Scandinavian Knitting Designs by Mary Jane Mucklestone

This is such a great resource book for those looking for fairisle knitting designs. However, it's not just a dictionary of design but also a guide to more advanced knitting, such as steeking and designing garments. It's so accessible but gently stretching too.



There are 29 pages on increasing, decreasing, working in the round and holding the yarn with heaps of tips for working with two or more colours.



I've always loved going at my own pace with knitting, gradually teaching myself all the techniques one at a time, then coasting for a while until I get bored. I do feel as if I want to try the hat above, maybe in my favourite colour combo - white and red.



There are four projects at the back of the book to knit - a cowl, a hat, mittens and a pincushion. The rest of the book is comprised of 168 design charts with an example swatch to show you what it looks like.



There are black and white charts as well as colour charts and alternative colourway charts to inspire you.



I love the Scandinavian look. The jumpers have really come back into fashion again, so maybe now is the time to knit your own?



You can buy '150 Scandinavian Knitting Designs' by Mary Jane Mucklestone from the Search Press website.

Thanks once again to Search Press for sending me this lovely book to review.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...