Sunday, 27 January 2013

Finished Crocheted Blanket!

I never mentioned I was crocheting a present before Christmas as I was so busy doing it. I saw a pattern in a book called 'Crochet in no time' by Melody Griffiths. It's a lovely book with simple patterns in but in my view the title is a little misleading. The estimated project time was a third of the time I actually spent on the project as a whole. However it probably felt like more than it was as I took on too large a project before Christmas and came down with flu when I was supposed to be finishing up!

Here it is:


It looks great now that I'm well and can step back from bending over it for so long. It really was that cliche - a labour of love. I finished up the other week as I couldn't crochet when ill with the flu as I was so dizzy but it's on my mother's bed and I'm sure it will be well loved.

I made a New Year's resolution not to craft for anyone next Christmas as I have done it for a few years now and miss the time that I have spent in other years crafting decorations for the house and for my shop, and me of course!


There's something cleansing though about spending a long time on someone's present. You do get such a warm fuzzy feeling when you look at the finished object.

What's the nicest present you've ever made?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...