Sunday, 22 July 2012

Granny Square Blanket

I've discovered the simple beauty of the granny square.


I've started a new blanket and it's so quick to crochet I've decided to make this blanket for the Refuge campaign instead of the one I designed. I will still crochet the one I designed at a later date but this is fast.


I love the fact I can pick up a ball of yarn at any moment and start crocheting without the pattern. Patterns slow the process of making down so much I'm loving the fact that it's simple enough to memorise and just relax while making it.

So far I've crocheted nine squares (you need 24 for a cot blanket) and I've been crocheting it in between other projects when I've wanted something to completely switch off with.

It's all acrylic which is good as it needs to be washable.


I'm so addicted to crocheting with bright acrylics now. Which can only be a good thing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...