Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Refuge Blanket 2012

I started my Refuge cot blanket on Sunday. I took inspiration from the existing Simply Knitting pattern book to design my own.



I designed my own letters to crochet inside a 15cm x 15cm blanket square (the required size of the squares).



It's going to be an incredibly bright cot blanket as I'm not the kind of girl to use subtle baby blues and pinks, and besides some mothers will love a bright rainbow blanket.



There is also a pattern for a cool teddy bear which I am itching to knit. The deadline isn't until December 1st later this year so you have plenty of time to organise to knit or crochet a blanket. If you like to crochet more than knit when it comes to things like blankets like I do you could always get a blanket book out of the library and seek inspiration that way. Or you could crochet the pattern in the pattern book on the Simply Knitting blog like I did last year. All you have to do is make sure the square is 15cm x 15cm.

You can find the pattern book and all the details here.

Have fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...