Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Embroidery Hoop Art

I had a lovely afternoon on Sunday watching the Queen's tennis final (before it came to an abrupt end) and doing some unusual stitching.


I love embroidery hoop art and wanted to see if I could create something simple but effective with my new water soluble pen.

My first attempt to stitch without aida happened in September 2008 but since then I've been so obsessed with knitting and crochet it's kind of been neglected.

I'm planning to do a range of these with different words stitched onto the fabric with basic backstitch. The 'freedom' hoop featured here is in my etsy shop and folksy shop. More will be added as and when I create them.

I love the fabric I'm using for these mini projects - I bought a lot of plain fabric a few years ago which had been put in a cupboard and forgotten about so I'm itching to stitch words onto it!



This is the arm of Big Ted who will look after the hoop until its sale : )

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a lovely idea, tres simple tres chic! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...