Thursday, 31 May 2012

Organic Hand dyed Scarf

OK. So we've just had a heatwave and it's so hot we're still sleeping without bedclothes. But it's a nice scarf, don't you think?


I got this wool as a treat for myself from Knit Wits in Penzance, Cornwall and it's very beautifully dyed.

Each hank is named after a town or village in Cornwall and my hank of Aran is called Porthgwarra. I couldn't decide what to knit it into at first but, after a couple of attempts, I decided to knit a triangular scarf in the spirit of the 'Ishbelle' on ravelry. This is a kind of shawl/scarf which is knitted as a massive triangle in lace. Hopefully my needle will take all the stitches before I reach the halfway point and begin to decrease with the second ball I wound.

I'll let you all know how it goes : )


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...