Friday, 27 April 2012

Exam Time

I have been away from blogging for a while this week. I took two of my NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) Diploma exams down in Bournemouth in Dorset.

               Pleated Organic Pink Dress by SevenBlooms on Etsy

I was quite nervous as I haven't sat a written exam for eight years since finals at university. Luckily writing an essay on 19th century literature wasn't involved so I feel I did fairly well and am quietly confident.

The Monday exam was basically a test of pulling a story together from a page of quotes. It was a test of whether you could tease out a good eye-grabbing story and write it well. Also included was a test of social media which I feel was quite easy personally. It was also a test of who you would interview and what questions you would ask.

The Tuesday exam was much more challenging in my view. The public affairs section of the diploma is very wide-ranging, from the NHS to the EU, from parliament to the Freedom of Information Act. You could pick and choose which questions you answered quite a bit so I focussed my revision time on my stronger areas. This strategy worked well as the questions seemed to go my way.

I haven't done any crafting for a week now so I am looking forward to sitting down with a nice bit of crochet this evening.

Tomorrow looks sunny so I hope you are able to get out and enjoy it before the rain pelts down again on sunday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...