Sunday, 20 November 2011

A finished Refuge Blanket!

Hooray! I finally have a blanket to send to Refuge! What a great feeling!

Refuge and domestic violence charities are the subject of severe cuts to their work which will have a huge impact on an already slim service. Needless to say without putting too much of my personal life up on the blogosphere the charity is very close to my heart and it was a nice feeling when I felt very motivated to crochet the blanket.

I know there are a lot of knitters and crocheters out there who probably knit blankets all the time for charity and wouldn't dream of writing a whole blog post about it but as this is the first time I've made anything for charity or indeed knitted or crocheted a blanket I thought I would mark the occasion!

If you have never done it before I would highly recommend it. What a lovely warm feeling to know a child will be comforted by the bright colours of my blanket while staying in a refuge with their mother.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What? I think a project like this deserves its own blog post! People who knit or crochet for charity do tend to keep it to themselves, but you shouldn't! What you're doing is fantastic, well done you and keep it up - and make sure you blog about the next one you make too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...