Thursday, 4 August 2011

Making, making, making

Lots of lovely things have been going on craft-wise in the last two weeks which is why there has been a brief hiatus on this blog.


I've been coming up with new ideas for christmas decorations as well as making plenty of existing stock in antipation of the holiday season sales. Learning from last year I am aiming to be about a month earlier with all my deadlines as I found by the time I had my stock in my shops the christmas international posting deadlines were well upon us. This resulted in customer queries after the deadlines, even though they were well advertised in my shops. I've also been stocking up on christmas ribbons (which were sold out at the start of December last year), christmas coloured thread and felt.

I'm trying to remember the advice I picked up somewhere that a sizable chunk of your crafting from July onwards should be christmas-orientated, such is the seasonal emphasis on handmade shops. I have had to nag myself not to make anything new but channel my creative energy into christmas. Sometimes I haven't felt like doing this in the middle of a sweltering heatwave here in the UK but mostly I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course 20 or 30% of your time should still be spent maintaining existing non-christmas stock but I've made a conscious decision to concentrate on christmas.

Are you doing the same?

1 comment:

Christals Creations said...

Ugh Christmas already! I think I might run up a few sets of Xmas wine charms in the hope they will make gifts for people. Oh and maybe try my hand at napkin rings or candle holders. Hmm. . .
Take care. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...