Thursday, 7 July 2011

Free Knitted Phone Cosy Pattern

So I have finished the cabled hot water bottle cover as a result of all the tennis on the TV. I relieved the tension of all those Murray matches by knitting for hours on end and I have reaped the benefits...I will blog on the finished product soon! It looks good and very pretty for those winter nights!



I must have got used to cables as I immediately picked up the needles again and cast on some stitches ready to knit a cosy for a new smart phone I have. This is my own pattern. This cosy is knitted in aran weight on 4.5mm needles and the pattern is:

Cast on 20 stitches:

Row 1: P2, K6, P4, K6, P2
Row 2: K2, P6, K4, P6, K2
Row 3: P2, C6F, P4, C6F, P2
Row 4: K2, P6, K4, K6, P2

Keep repeating this until the cosy is as long as you want so you can just sew up the sides once you have finished. I have a Blackberry so I'm not sure if this will fit any other phones at the moment although if you send me your iPhone or iPad I'm sure I'll work one out (he he!)

Seriously, I will design some cosies for other gadgets by looking up the measurements online...so look out for that soon. : )

P.S. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in cream in the picture.
P.P.S. C6F = Slip next 3 stitches onto a cable needle held at front of work, K3, then K3 from the cable needle.
P.P.P.S If you don't have a cable needle in your collection of needles you can always use a crochet hook. If you don't know how to cable look here for a video.

*Big breath* Also - a final point. Please only use my pattern to knit up cosies for your own use. Please don't sell my pattern or cosy without making significant changes of your own. Thx : )

1 comment:

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

Oh, I seriously wish I could knit...one day. It's lovely! :)

~Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...