Sunday, 8 May 2011

Cabled hottie & knitted tote bag

Well, you may have noticed I've not been blogging an awful lot lately. At least I'm hoping you noticed...

I've been busy with politics but had been getting on with a few projects just before the chaos of the local election campaign began. I've been knitting my cable hottie. I love picking this up when I'm on the sofa as I know the pattern off by heart now.



I also undid a horrible v-neck jumper I knitted a couple of years ago in big wool. I finally decided I would never wear it so undid the four balls (good job too as that's worth £32). I've knitted it into a tote bag from a pattern by Kim Hargreaves:




It looks a bit of a mess at the moment as I had to improvise with the handles. I extended the pattern so the bag would be exactly A4 sized. I have a thing for A4 bags that you can slip a folder in. Don't ask me why! Perhaps it's because handbags are rarely big enough for my demands...

So anyway I ran out of dark blue wool for the handles after doing that so I had to undo a hat (which again I've never worn) for the green/blue colour to alternate for the handles. I think it should look ok. The green/blue colour will be a break from all that blue.




I can't wait to sew it together : )

3 comments:

Creating Trouble said...

I don't think I'd have the patience to unravel a whole jumper and hat! I had to unravel a scarf and was about to just throw the whole thing away a few weeks ago!

I love the soft pink of your cabled hottie :-)

Jo said...

It was only a small-ish jumper - it was sleeveless and had a very deep v neck so it wasn't too bad. Also big wool is massive so easy to undo. I have tried to undo a DK jumper before and it was infuriating!

The pink is Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran if you're interested : )

mydolly said...

Love the combination of colors :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...