Thursday, 17 March 2011

Recycling a tote bag

I get a wonderful dose of inspiration from reading my daily craft magazine emails. There is such an ecletic mix of projects and art. One of the projects featured, by Kat Roberts, has inspired me to get on with a recycling project I had planned:



I really enjoyed making these. More Tilda fabric scraps were employed and a lovely purple/pink craft fabric came in useful too. As you will see in the tutorial by Kat they are so simple to make. You just cut a circle, sew up in long stitch around the edge then you draw it up and fasten off. So useful if you have a lot of scraps you don't know what to do with.



This is the bag I'm recycling. I don't know quite what possessed me as a 24-year-old to buy a bag with 'Meet the Ramones' scrawled on the front. I have used it a lot, lately turning the bag round so the writing is hidden by my side! I decided to cover it in black fabric but couldn't decide what to sew on that would look very neat.

I will post a finished photo up in a few weeks...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...