Friday, 29 October 2010

Felting heaven

This is my latest addition to my etsy shop. I managed to remember to pick up felting needles when I was out shopping recently. The first needle I had bought a few months ago had suddenly gone blunt and I hasn't realised. My new ones came in a pack of three so that should keep me going for a while. Apparently they go blunt quite quickly which is understandable with the amount of use they get when stabbing wool repeatedly...or perhaps I am just heavy handed?!

Either way I found some keychains I bought last year and finally thought of something to attach to them. I felted three balls from some pink wool roving and attached some sequins on with some (very useful) invisible thread. I love the look of felted balls...they are so soft yet so firm. I hope to progress with needle felting as I really love the feeling that you can mould the wool into any shape imaginable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...