Friday, 20 August 2010

Handmade Christmas

It looks like christmas has definitely arrived early in my craftspace this August. First of all I've got what Nigella Lawson calls 'that nice organised feeling' by starting the christmas decorations for my shop in August. Last year I only had one set of decorations I was pleased with to put in my shop and I ended up wasting a lot of time and effort with christmas presents (I already have these made up and out of the way) and trying desperately to think of something to make. Last christmas I noticed a lot of decorations were red and white, particularly those from shops like Ikea and Debenhams so perhaps I am very 2009! I think you'll agree with me when I say they look very cute though...I intend to make stacks more so you'll be seeing them in my shop around October or November...

Secondly I have won my very first blog award! I have been blogging since the start of 2008 so this is a very nice surprise indeed. It's lovely to have a crafting space online which is really what craft blogging is all about although I have certainly learnt to put the online space in its place this year and get more work done. Learning to knit was very inspiring for me as I had made several attempts before 2008 and had been very disheartened. I've learnt since it's best to look at it as a journey and sometimes a long one at that. It's true that it reduces stress but it's good to remember it may not lower your stress levels initially!

Thank you very much if you nominated me for this award - I hope the crafting karma touches you back soon...

Have you thought about christmas craft yet? Or is it just me? : )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...