Saturday, 31 July 2010

Vegan crafting

I have been quiet on my shop of late due to a massive attempt to build up good quality stock. I've also started on my felt and wool stash to try very hard to become a vegan crafter! I finished these mittens which hopefully will be amongst the last of the wool items in autumn in my shop. There are a few more balls of wool to use up in my plastic bin which I am busily double moss stitching into mittens as we speak : ) My new vegan diet has gone well 80% of the time. I am learning to read labels closely and not just go by what I think is vegan. I was still eating a museli bar a couple of weeks ago that has honey in it so I think the solution is to surround myself with as many vegan recipes as I can...

I have managed to start transferring completely to cotton though. This bag is 100% cotton and was very nice to crochet with. I recycled a few beads from an old top to decorate the strap with. I'm a fan of beads but like them to be subtle. I have challenged myself to line and finish the bag without buying any new products from the sewing shop - I have some purple cotton to line it with and I could recycle a popper I have found on an old tote bag for the fastening.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...