Saturday, 3 July 2010

Double Moss Stitch Mittens in July

I've fallen down a rabbit hole full of green/blue yarn. First I crocheted this fingerless mitten in a gorgeous blue shade. I then sent off for a second ball of yarn so I could start the other one only I forgot completely about dye lots.

Instead of sending the beautiful ball of yarn back I undid the crocheted mitten and have made two from the one ball - they actually look neater and I'll show you them when they have been sewn up.

So then I started knitting a mitten with my new green ball - this time in double moss stitch which is beautiful.

Double moss stitch is:

Cast on a multiple of 2 stitches plus 1...then:

Row 1: K1, P1 repeat to end
Row 2: P1, K1 repeat to end
Row 3: P1, K1 repeat to end
Row 4: K1, P1 repeat to end

Keep repeating this pattern of 4 rows and you will end up with double moss (seed) stitch...

Happy knitting : )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...