Friday, 25 June 2010

Fairisle Snowflakes in June

Wow. This was a struggle. It took me back to when I started purling and then cabling - both techniques I've now mastered to the extent that I can relax when I'm doing them. Unfortunately one technique I can't seem to completely master is knitting up stitches - as you can see from my knitting bag my cream cardigan has been put to bed for a while as I can't seem to knit up the edges without ending up with curious half stitches. I'm intending to take this to a Get Knitted surgery next Thursday in Bristol to hopefully have someone show me what I'm doing wrong.

The fairisle knitting is my new mastered technique. I'm glad to report I managed it but it took me about 3 hours to knit 9 rows of it...strange when you zoom through stocking stitch and then go back to beginner level isn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...