Saturday, 29 May 2010

A blast from the past

Wow! What a blast from the past. This is an ancient cross stitch project from 13 years ago and its yellowing around the edges proves it : )

Readers may or may not know that I was ill with ME at the age of 15 for 2 years. I had to stop going to school and had home tutoring for an hour a week for the last year of my GCSEs. This is why I ended up with 2 GCSEs and failed the other 3. The matter wasn't helped by the tutor telling me to read the wrong books but, hey, what can you expect from LEA tutoring?

Anyway I was much worse than I am at the moment, lacking the energy to open the curtains or get dressed. Stitching this picture was just about the only activity I could manage for about 6 months. Mum bought me the cross stitch kit from one of those bookshops which sell end of lines. It was dead cheap and the design is a bit lacking but it kept me occupied...along with the radio...which was on endlessly.

It's sad that a lot of people get into craft through illness but it's nice that crafting entertains them and keeps them sane.

I've been meaning to frame it for the last 13 years and hope to get around to it soon : )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...