Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Colour coding my stash

I finally got round to achieving a crafting New Year's Resolution a week ago. My 50 A4 resealable bags arrived from eBay which have finally made me feel like organising my stash. I already organised my DMC threads - you can see how here but I haven't done any major tidying or organising since beginning to knit. I am now currently in the process of colour coding all my balls of wool - already a great help. I've been setting up project bags as well - I've had patterns floating around when I've put a project on hold which isn't good even though they're just photocopies I have made of the original pattern in a book.

Unfortunately, before Christmas I lost my temper whilst knitting the sleeve to my cream cardigan - it seemed to go on and on and on as it's 4 ply. Also it makes me sneeze (which yarn very rarely does but when it does it's nasty). I don't think anything went hugely wrong as such - I was tired and unsure if the sleeve was meant to be as long as it was turning out to be then I dropped a stitch, couldn't pick it up, carried on then dropped another...you know the score. So I undid quite a few rows but as the pattern doesn't tell you how many stitches you have every few rows I have no idea where I am in the sleeve section. I may as well undo it and start again. I lost my temper as I was in the middle of making for Christmas so if I just leave it a couple more weeks I should feel like approaching it as if it were a new project.

I'm so determined to finish this cardigan before summer - it's so soft and I love cream - I used to have a really nice cream marl cardigan which I wore to death but left on a London bus! It WILL get finished!

Anyway, happy knitting : )

2 comments:

Red Bird Jewellery said...

Cardigan looking lovely!!
Just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the sunshine blog award...http://redbirdjewellery.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunshine-award.html

Jo Anglezarke said...

Why thank you - I am honoured : ) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...