Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Kay Petal - needle felting

This morning I was surfing the web and stumbled across Kay Petal...and what a find! I subscribe to emails from the Craft website and saw a really cute bunny that had been posted to the felt forums. What an amazing discovery - I forget about YouTube for crafting as it's outside the social networking 'circle' of sites which are always mentioned but it's a lot better in the last two years when I used to leave feeling quite underwhelmed :)

I have been meaning to try needle felting and if I wasn't quite sure before I certainly am now. I had recently come across an offline workshop for 2 and a half hours but going from past experiences I learn much better when I don't feel rushed and no-one's looking over my shoulder...so online then :) I have also tried books but believe it or not they've all gone back to the library and I still haven't bought a felting needle...

So, here goes...it's one of my New Year's resolutions to get going with this amazing craft...hope you get inspired too :)

2 comments:

Kay Petal said...

Wow! I just stumbled into your blog about my work - thanks for sharing! Big Bunny was so fun to make. I hope you stick with your New Year's Resolution - Needle felting is the most rewarding craft you could ever imagine. Please let me know if you need any advice.
Kay Petal
www.feltalive.com

Jo Anglezarke said...

Thank you : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...