Monday, 9 November 2009

A day at the MISI fair

I learnt a lot from looking around the MISI craft fair on Saturday in Bristol. I bought the pink felted brooch above from a seller - unfortunately I can't figure out who it was - but her stall was very pretty and much like I'd have mine (I'm dreaming now!) if I ever have one in the future...

Later on I sat down in a free drop-in workshop run by Get Knitted and calmly tried to learn how to crochet for the third time! I don't really have any desire to crochet because I feel like my bow is full with knitting - but adding another string is never a bad idea. The yarn we were given to practise with was ideal - smooth with a bit of a stretch to it which really helped me as I'm too tight. I learnt how to do a basic chain and double crochet. Apparently that's all you need to crochet an 'Amigurumi'. I'm finding the one hook to be more relaxing than two needles...

Later in the day I finally made it to Cath Kidston to buy a book of address labels and their red retractable tape measure...finally I can be free of a sprawling tape measure on the sofa getting tangled!



A very worthwhile day :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...