Monday, 13 July 2009

Meet Big Ted

OMG! Remember back in October when I said I wanted to make the Ultimate Ted?! Well, here he is!! It's so exciting...

It's a larger Debbie Bliss bear than the one I started off with in December 2008. I have certainly improved but I won't be making anything as large as this again in a hurry...

The coat drove me insane - decreasing to an even amount of stitches seemed to turn the pattern into rib so I had to decrease two stitches instead of one each time I shaped. This caused further complications when shaping the side of the coat which had the buttonholes on - it randomly turned to rib again but I was too annoyed to undo a piece for the 50th time! Luckily, I have just learnt how to make a pompom without using anything other than my fingers so I made a 'decorative embellishment' (covered a glaring mistake). Hopefully no-one will notice...and you're not gonna tell...right?

:)


PS - does anyone else find it freaky the way it took me exactly 9 months from wanting to make him to finishing him...?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...