Sunday, 5 July 2009

Felt flower brooch

It's strange how knitting is more complex than felt, yet people are more amazed by it due to its bold colour and rigid form. For me, the best thing about felt is that it didn't irritate my eczema in last week's heatwave as it led to a very long break in my knitting schedule :)
I'm following Alice's example of assessing craft supplies and using up what you already have during the recession. When I think back to how few craft items I used to own and how I longed to be able to go shopping for art and craft supplies, I realise just how spoilt rotten I am now - I have way too many projects on the go and have banned myself from buying anything new. It encourages more creativity! I would encourage you to challenge yourself to do the same :)

Happy crafting :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...