Monday, 9 February 2009

Poison Purple Hat

Well, I did say that I was finding cabling a little difficult didn't I? This is procrastination project number one...a purple hat knitted from a free pattern from the member's section of the Rowan website. I was so nervous about knitting my first hat - it's the first time I have increased and decreased. It was fab but I dropped 4 stitches at the start and only realised a few rows from the end!

To make life easier as a beginner I increased by making a stitch instead of knitting into the front and back of each stitch. The yarn, Rowan cashsoft DK felt wonderfully soft as the hat grew and grew satisfyingly! The pattern was great as you were meant to slip a sequin on each fourth row but it's easily adaptable if you just want a plain hat! I'm going to have all kinds of fun knitting this pattern with a huge array of colour, bead, sequin and even ribbon combinations!

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...