Sunday, 7 December 2008

Melanie Deegan

The other day I found myself in an art gallery. I have to be in the mood for art, so it happens only occasionally. We have a shop called 'Makers' which is a co-operative for artists. She sells everything from felted mittens to beautiful jumpers and felt collages on canvas! Upstairs she has a gallery with a small section playing host to an exhibition. This time it was the local scuplturer Melanie Deegan. When I read through her website afterwards I was so jealous! She lives in Wiveliscombe which is a very picturesque village a few miles from town and makes large sculptures for outside in big gardens too.

I particularly loved this horse, although it's a few hundred pounds. If I had the money I would have bought it, it's so amazing! It's so stunning because of the colour and the material - it looks like a silhouette. I love her!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...