Sunday, 16 November 2008

Bears galore!

First of all, a huge apology if you have found my blog, returned to it expecting another post and been disappointed. I wouldn't usually leave it three weeks to blog but I have been unwell and haven't been picking up my knitting as much as I usually would. I am suffering the side effects from some medication I have been taking to try and solve a physical medical problem. I am always so wary of drugs and tend to conclude, cycnically, that they don't work. The problem they have given me is much worse than the problem they were taken to solve, so it looks as if I've been proven right! I could get angry but I'll just take the prescribed week off work from my doctor and pick up my knitting and sewing!

A couple of days ago I managed to finish my teddy bear above. I can't believe the whole project only cost a few pounds as the pattern was free over on the DMC club website. There were so many browns and blues in the pattern I thought I would never finish, but it was fulfilling to see the shape form. I'm very fussy about bears - some patterns look horrendous and it's the same with knitting patterns, but this one is smart enough to meet my high standards! I'm so close to finishing my knitted teddy bear I will probably be blogging about it next week after my week off!

This is a long project I've been working on for the last two years. I bought it when I was unemployed but still didn't finish it! I've since learnt that smaller intermediate projects give me a high of making something much quicker...

It doesn't look so good in this photo but it's so stunning when you look at the finished picture on the pack. Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament are, of course, my favourite parts of London. Which reminds me to book some tickets for a shopping trip!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...