Thursday, 7 August 2008

Stuffed Donkey


Recently on one of my regular visits to Future Girl (aka Alice)I was drooling over a little squirrel she had made out of felt. The absolute perfection of the work made me sit and stare in awe. I had no idea how much work went into a 'stuffy'!

Through her I found a Japanese seller on eBay and my first felt book arrived very soon afterwards. This was my first one and boy was I nervous making it up. I really didn't expect to end up with a Donkey at the end of it. I would say I had to concentrate harder than cross stitch as you think it will be easy but it's so not...

I have much to improve upon - the stitching is awful and I had a tendency to rush. It didn't help that it's August and my hands are so hot! At first the layout of the Japanese book scared me a little - of course it runs from back to front, and, not surprisingly, is in Japanese, which is, also unsuprisingly, a little off-putting. However, once you get going and have looked at the picture of the animal you want to make carefully I would say it's relatively simple!

1 comment:

futuregirl said...

This is one of my favorite Japanese craft books ... but now that I think about it, I haven't made one thing from it! I'm going to have to fix that. Your donkey is super-cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...