Sunday, 3 August 2008

An original project

I'm in the middle of planning a secret project. It's totally original. I bought myself a squared notebook to keep by my bed for any late night pattern inspirations and it's definetely working. One night a couple of weeks ago I started sketching something that will be my first original project. It's a great feeling.

I didn't need a huge expanse of material so hunted around my local sewing shop, not giving up until I found these. Even though the price of a full metre of this material is £10, the quarters were priced at £1.50 each, so I saved about £8 getting them already cut. Trouble is, I was so excited that the sewing shop had managed to give me exactly what I was looking for I forgot to buy the backing fabric - I totally need to start writing shopping lists!

I've already printed off my patterns - can you guess what it's going to be?

Getting organised with a folder to keep all my patterns in has been great too - this folder has every type of pattern in it from knitting and crochet to cross stitch patterns I've downloaded from the web (legally!) or torn from magazines before chucking the rest.

I'm in the middle of steam ironing the fabric after it's been rolled up and folded - one of the drawbacks of buying it in ready-made quarters. To de-crease completely I've been spraying water through an old household spray bottle onto the fabric to soak it completely before ironing it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...