Saturday, 9 August 2008

The Bees Knees

Aren't they cute? I picked a pack of beeswax sheets up from our flower show last saturday and ripped the packet open a second ago. I made them a little quickly but I was so excited! The big candle looks nice from this angle but I think two sheets would have been better as the purple outer sheet turned out not to have been cut accurately, which is kind of important when making candles from them. The yellow and blue candles are fab though!

The beeswax felt so satisfying as it melted when wrapped around a bottle of warm water - I remember being fascinated by candle wax when at primary school and making candles drip on purpose. I even covered my hands with it and cracked it off when dry...pleasure! Although it was never as pleasing as covering your hands with copydex and pulling it off. I can't believe I used to do that! I think I may just have to look the bee farm up on the internet and order some more - they were only £3 for the lot and I would have got another small candle if I hadn't used three sheets for the big one...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...