Wednesday, 27 August 2008

Manga me!

Alice recently made a manga image of herself on her blog which inspired me to copy her! They're so adorable. I defy you not to fall in love with your own image when visiting this site and creating one. For the record I don't really have jet black hair although it has been in the past. It's a very dark brown now with blonde highlights that are quickly going to be dyed brown once more on my next visit to the hairdresser! My eyes are green but I think they are given a watery hue by the glasses. I have a red winter jacket and it's just the type of jewellery I would wear to the office, although I have never worn red lipstick. I tried for pink but they only had a bright shade...not that I'm obsessive at all...

I seem to have surrounded myself in the past two weeks with all things Japanese. I've been off work so have found myself attempting to learn the language. It's going very well so far as I feel it to be very logical and the stories behind the symbols are fascinating. 'Love' is a combination of 'woman' and 'child', and 'bright' is a combination of 'sun' and 'moon'. It's very poetic. I didn't realise it was a 12 hour flight from London to Tokyo! I've never flown before so think it'll be a few years before I attempt that. I still haven't managed the 1 hr 20 min flight from Bristol to Cork in Southern Ireland.

Here's one of the stuffies I've made from the Japanese book I recently bought. I'm sure there will be many more. They're very addictive!




This is the Japanese Kanji for 'Craft'. Very simple, in fact one of the simplest of the lot.


Alice was also tagged in a meme and she wrote about six unspectacular quirks about herself. If I was at work and wasn't starting to get bored I wouldn't have done this, but as it goes:

1. I've never flown anywhere in a plane.
2. I count the number of letters in a word and see if I can make another word or a sentence out of the middle letters. I do this only when I'm very bored. So it's not sad. OK? :@)
3. I love the smell of candles when you have just blown them out.
4. I'm allergic to citric acid so can't drink lemon juices or eat yogurt with it in (a lot do). If I do make the mistake of eating one I feel as if I'm choking and all the skin has been burnt off my throat.
5. I walk on different sides of streets to make my journey to and from work more interesting. I've walked the same 15 minute journey for two years now and it's getting a little monotonous.
6. I still like flying saucer sweets. (Don't tell anyone :@))

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...