Sunday, 20 July 2008

Green Pins

This months issue of Simply Knitting Magazine carries a free gift of knitting clips. At first I didn't know what they were but have bought the mag for the last couple of months and am finding it very helpful so bought it anyway.

They are used for holding two pieces of knitting to sew together. This was great for me as I hate sewing my blanket together, which explains why only half the many squares I've knitted so far have been sewn up. Towards the end I was so bored I started rushing the job and ended up with two or three squares sewn together so badly they lift in the middle and look awful when you turn the blanket over. I also didn't know whether to use pins or not so just held the pieces together and hoped for the best. There may be a lot of unpicking going on before I resume the project with these handy clips...

As you can see I tried them out on my squares and they were perfect. They'll really help to keep the blanket flat and neat as I sew it all together...from now until December probably!

1 comment:

futuregirl said...

These are totally awesome. The perfect blend of cute and functional!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...