Sunday, 27 July 2008

It's too darned hot!

It's been too hot to do anything but try and stay cool in the South-West of England, so knitting and sewing sadly has had to be packed away for a few days. 100% wool is supposed to be cooler to knit with but I disagree. So last night I opend up my stash of cards and had a bit of a play...

This is the cat card I was making in one of previous posts. It's cross stitched with metallic thread on black aida. I thought it was going swimmingly until I finished off and the thread wouldn't stay put on the reverse side. So I dug out my masking tape, pulled the ends tight and stuck them! This also gave me a handy paper base for the sticky fixers to go on to glue them to the card.



This is part of my stash of silver stickers...once I bought one I wanted to own the whole collection...took me back to collecting stickers for sticker books as a child.



These cards are decoupage - layering ready printed bits of images until they are 3D on the card...each one took about 10 minutes and I could easily make a profit of £1 for each card.






I'm off to sit out of the sun and eat some ice cold salad from the fridge...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...