Saturday, 7 June 2008

Cross-stitch cards

I found this book in a charity shop at £2. I opened it and wanted to stitch all the designs there and then in the shop! Modern cross stitch books are not very easy to find, and I won't waste a tenner on a book when I only like half the designs. These designs are fab! Every occasion imaginable is catered for - from diwali to US Independence day to the cutest designs for baby birthdays. She's also included a great set of funky borders at the back with two alphabets for you to play around with her patterns and customise. I also love the fact that she hasn't patronised the reader by telling us what colour or size of card to use. You wouldn't think this book is 14 years old.

A real reminder that all you need are pencils, graph paper and imagination.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...