Thursday, 12 June 2008

African Woman

Even after all my experiments with knitting and making things from felt, I still love to come back to my first love, cross stitch. Stitching little patterns doesn't take so much of my time as I know how to do it so well it almost does itself!


This is from the same magazine, the World of Cross Stitching, as the African Elephant I stitched a few months ago. I didn't follow the suggested DMC threads and rummaged around in my own collection instead. I was worried this would alter the look of her when finished, but she looks ok. I also added a few beads as you can see to jazz her clothes up a bit, which weren't in the original pattern.

You can't see it from this picture, but I mounted her on a blue card, which when put with the Elephant, looks pretty darned cool!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...